Sunday 25 November 2012

Who needs Cocaine or Caffeine when you can have Chris on Cafés?



"It’s now 5.04 am and I have yet to sleep this night. I have 132 ideas, mostly now written on pieces of paper, drawn out on sheets of A4 and A3, jotted down in Notes on my mobile and yet still my brain will not rest.

It was a whirlwind tour of the fourth wave but I am cresting on my very own current of creativity. It was a menu of brick walls, exposed ceilings, handbags on string and cheese in drawers; container malls, concrete floors and graffiti walls; toasters on tables, letraset signs and corker cakes in colourful creative curls. Who could forget the smell of coffee roasting or the sight of pallets floating? The taste of a fougasse at Albion or a brownie at Paul Young’s?

It was inspiring, stimulating, exhilarating. I am buzzing with ideas – and some far removed from what we saw – and I think I only had 2 coffees. Think on this: I have had no sleep. I have lots of ideas.  My poor staff.

Thank you, Chris. And good morning."


Wonderful quote from recent London Cafe Tour participant Jane Cox, Owner
Glendoick Garden Centre, Restaurant & Food Library
Garden Centre Cafe of the Year 2009/10